Saturday, March 29, 2008

Three Quarter Time

I made this painting because I wanted explore the hangers theme that started in the piece called Off Season, posted earlier in this blog. Both pieces are (for me) about waiting and how we cope with it.
I just figured out that I have been posting incorrectly to Illustration Friday. I apologize to all of you for the confusion this must have caused, not to mention the scrolling! But I know what to do now, so I hope you'll all come back to visit next Friday when a new theme is posted.
I've been grading like crazy and haven't had a whole lot of time to draw or paint. But I have a window this weekend and I hope to make good progress on my drawing about Mrs. Swift. I hope I can post it soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this, it has so many elements to it as well as being beautiful to look at :)

Marcella Paliekara said...

I love this piece as well as the other hanger piece. They evoke many different sentiments.

Bryce Driesenga said...

This reminds me of the intro of that Desperate Housewives show for some reason.

Jane said...

This a stunning painting.
I looked at most of your work here and I love the colours you use, that burnt orange, coupled with blue is almost like a signature for you, you use it to great effect.
I'll be dropping in again.
Thanks for sharing.