Sunday, April 28, 2019

Fire Up Litho! (I guess:)


  After years of asking, the administration finally agreed to let me move the Conrad litho press that has been mothballed for years, into my classroom. So, even though it wasn't really on my agenda, I guess I will be setting up a grinding station (outside, with a table and a hose) and getting something drawn on a small stone so I can crank out a print or two this summer. It would be so great if I could actually offer litho as an option to my students next fall.
    I think this little image came out of my time at Wheatland a couple of years ago. I've done it about 100 times and never achieved a final product with it. Maybe all it needs is a smooth stone and a good litho crayon. I reckon I'd better practice with pencil and paper first!

No comments: