Friday, March 18, 2011

The thing with feathers

For IF: Cultivate

Initially, this image came from an Emily Dickenson poem about hope being the thing with feathers that perches in your soul. It's a companion piece to a drawing and print called Watched Pot (see below). My friend Olive really liked Watched Pot, and I just noticed the feather sketch next to it in my sketchbook and decided to do it up.
I think the feather drawing fits the topic of cultivate, both because of the pot and the dreams that are growing in it.







7 comments:

nerosunero said...

it fits well indeed. beautiful

Goatsinger said...

"Sings the tune without words,
And never stops at all."

Like this!

~Mike

Lynette said...

Thanks, Mike. I love that poem.

Indigene said...

I love the starkness of the contrast! I think black/white speaks volumes in color! Happy Sunday.

Ivan Daly said...

Great atmosphere in these drawings

Juan said...

Excellent!

Coreopsis said...

Ooooooh--lovely, evocative drawings! I really like both of them!