Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home again

I just got home from a nice trip in Asia, where I saw some wonderful sights as well as some excellent art. This time, I was able to see both Shanghai and Taiwan. That was great because I had just read Shanghai Girls, the sequel to Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, in which the action starts in Shanghai before the Communist Revolution and refers to Chiang Kai Shek and his opposition to Mao. I had no idea that the Chinese people were persecuted as much as the Japanese were in the '50's. Seeing those two cities gave me a "before and after" look at the Chinese. I have to say though, that the view on the Bund in Shanghai rivals any city view I've ever seen. Taiwan had the best art, though.
I also got to see Transformers 3 in 4D, which was amazing. And I saw a good Korean flick called Hello Ghost. I recommend both.
Anyway, I didn't do a lick of work while I was away, even though I had a drawing with me to work on. I was bugged by the missing toes in the Dreamer quilt, and the only thing I did was to mull over how to fix that. I think I figured it out.
So now, it's on to printing, coloring and sewing the tessellation and quilting the rest of it. I'm also going to work on some plates to get ready for summer camp : )
It's nice to be back in the cool green of Michigan.

1 comment:

Indigene said...

Wow! It sounds like it was an amazing trip. I'm sure the experiences will show up in your art work. :)