Friday, March 25, 2011

Toy

When I got my son everything changed, as everyone said it would. I was ready to love him and watch him grow, but I didn't exactly expect that I would be voluntarily captured by him. That's what happened, though, in body and spirit.
I've posted this before as a part of a much larger work called Mrs. Swift Learns to Speak Boy. People have commented on the "robots" in the piece, but they aren't really robots, they are Lego men. Along with my son (a few years down the road) came a considerable and still growing army of Lego men. I've been wanting to post a detail from the larger work, which ended up as the image I used for my first printed paper quilt, so that you could see that the robots are really Lego men. I hope the Lego people don't mind that I played with their toys, today's IF challenge. You can see what became of this drawing here: http://lynettesartblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/finished.html

3 comments:

Coreopsis said...

I just looked at your "finished" piece, and all I can say is "Wow"--it's really beautiful. It's a quilt printed on paper? So not really a quilt, or what....? The drawings are really beautiful.

Lynette said...

It's in the form of a quilt, but all paper. The prints are photogravure, based on 16 drawings like this one. Thanks for your wow!

Indigene said...

Your work always strikes a chord within me! Fabulous piece and wonderful post! :)