Sunday, May 12, 2019

Learning Curve

Well, I learned that I am not a fan of linen. I think it could be perfectly lovely, but my first attempt at it was not. It turned out to be really tricky to stretch, and while I'm sure a finer weave would have helped, the texture was too strong for the little figure I have planned. I got as far as gesso (three coats!) and a bit of the underpainting before I gave it up. I needed to sand between those coats of gesso :>/ Live and learn.
    So, last night I pulled out all of the staples and now I have a fresh start with canvas. Back in my comfort zone! I might try linen again someday, but right now, easy street is just fine with me.

2 comments:

Igor Marinovsky said...

I wish you a lot of creative inspiration.

Lynette said...

Thank you, Igor. That is exactly the kind of wish I need right now!