Thursday, September 19, 2019

You win some, you lose some


   The good news is, the portable graining station works just fine. I found a tray with a lower profile lurking in a cupboard, which suits me better because I don't have to lift the stones so high to get them out of the tray. 
     The bad news is, after about 2 hours of graining, I still don't have a level stone. And the worst part is, I think I might have a wedge shaped stone on my hands. 
    These two are my fifth and sixth experience with graining. It is has never been an easy task. I'm hoping that practice makes perfect.
    I'm considering using a much smaller stone to grain these next time, instead of using them together. Maybe then I can focus on the areas that are high and stop reducing the low areas. 
    I'm also thinking about offering extra credit to certain students (ones with muscle, stamina and a knack for detail work) in exchange for graining labor. Would that be fair?

No comments: