Friday, September 27, 2019

The tree is out and the pots are staying

    It's been a long week of school and administrative work. I still have another pile of it waiting for me. But, I snuck down to my studio to see about the tornado painting. 
     Last week I drew the tree in along with a couple other elements and left it alone. I've been having misgivings about the tree idea ever since. Plus, I like the pots. I like the scale difference between them and the tornado. 
     I guess I needed to live with the possibility for a while before I knew it wasn't right. Like so many other things.
     Anyway, I have an idea for a new element, so we'll see how it goes.
     In the meantime, I'm working on this little one, too. It comes from a dream, and it was so simple the image stuck with me. It's hard to see, but there is a cord with a knot at the top drawn in. We'll see how this one goes, too.


No comments: