Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Litho news

   Well, I tried flying by the seat of my pants today and did not get off the ground. The ink I am using should be a mix of an extremely stiff kind of litho ink called Senefelder's, which is named after the guy who invented the process, and roll up ink, which is very viscous. At the moment, I don't have any Senefelders, and I tried to compensate by substituting Charbonnel ink and changing the ratio of the two. The ink has to be very stiff in the end, but I ended up with what amounts to ink soup. So, I just blew $50 on a can of ink, and I'm hoping the 2-3 day shipping doesn't cost another 15.
    I did get my asphaltum replacement mixed up, though, and my stone is etched. As soon as I get the Senefelder's I'll be ready to see if it worked.

No comments: