Wednesday, December 11, 2019

A New Litho Buddy

    Well, there are 8 exams, 32 drawings, 23 lesson plans and an assortment of extra credit to grade between me and my studio.
    But, good news: I have another litho student. To make a long story short, she broke her leg (ei yi yi) in a rugby match and had to take an Incomplete for my class. Since she'll be working independently anyway, I offered her the option to do litho and she is interested in trying it. Yay for another graining partner.
     I've been waiting for the can of Senefelder's all this time, since November 12! I was just about ready to cancel the order, because I did another search and found the same ink at Takach, who would ship it in 1-2 days. I really wish I had shopped there before. But, it turns out that Graphic Chemical has been held up because they actually make the ink, and they have been waiting on a varnish they need to do it. So we've all been waiting on someone. I wonder how far back that goes.
    Anyway, here's the bright side: I know the ink will be fresh when I get it.
    And by the time I do, maybe I'll be re-charged and ready to tackle printing again. Only 63 things to go...

No comments: