Saturday, December 21, 2019

Center of the Universe


    Here's what a few hours with everybody out of the house will do : ) I missed going to the new Star Wars movie, but it was totally worth it.

  Yesterday, I went down to start drawing and at the last second, held the canvas up to the light. And wouldn't you know it, I saw light coming through. So I hauled out the gesso again (why do I have to do everything twice?) and put on a another layer. I'm glad I had to, because I wasn't a fan of that heavy opaque blue/purple. I like the transparent layer that you can see here.
    Twice in my life, I've had the privilege to photograph pregnant women. Even though I rarely work from photos, when I ran across this one recently, the possibilities were really intriguing to me. At this point, it is pretty undeveloped, but I can see exactly how it I going to look. I'm kind of excited :)

No comments: