Thursday, January 2, 2020

Got out the big brush


Well, tonight I got tired of seeing all that blue skin, so I got out the big brush and put a really thin wash of the beginning under layers of their skin. That light blotch on the girl's jaw is a good example of what happens when you are too impatient to let the first wash dry before the next one is applied. I've been here many times. It was my cue to quit for the night.
    Honestly, I really wish I hadn't started the girl's face, yet. I'm not happy with it, and now I'll probably dream about it all night. Maybe it'll help me fix it in the morning.
    Anyway, while I was working, the memory of the painting below came back to me because of the robot hands and their similarity to the man's hands in the new painting. I think it is just a coincidence, but it is an interesting one.

I have another really old painting, one of my first, that has the same theme as my current piece. I'll see if I can get a photo of that to post.
    Happy New Year to all. My resolution is to plant as many good seeds as I can this year. And to keep working on my posture :) 


No comments: