Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Lessons (Re-)Learned

   When I finished grad school, I swore I would never rush to finish a piece to make it into a show again. How did I forget that? Another lesson, gleaned from Toy Story during the scene when Woody gets a make over, is that you can't rush art. No kidding.
    I poured on the hours, and I thought it looked pretty good on my easel, but when I couldn't get a good photo during the last hours of the late afternoon, I had to admit I was going to have to pull my new painting from the line-up for the competition I am entering. It just wasn't ready, and I wanted to put my best foot forward. So, there it is. I erred on the side of not rushing. Honestly, I just can't figure out how to make the guy look good yet. I'll get there, but I guess it is going to take some time.
    I might give it a bit of a break, and come back at it later with fresh eyes.
    But I know it is going to bother me until I solve it :/

No comments: