Saturday, August 15, 2020

Buskers


       I think I like color pencils. I still need a lot of practice, and I’ve given up limiting myself to the 12 colors students may only have at their disposal, but I’m developing some habits for color application that I can pass on to my students. So that’s one thing off the list.
        Next up: a new Online learning platform at school and a new prep (3D Art). Since we are going to be mostly online, the trick will be making sure everyone has access to the tools they need to get the job done. I keep thinking about how many sculptures I made in my kitchen, with improvised tools. It’s amazing how much can be accomplished with kitchen cutlery and toothpicks. I reckon if I could do it, I should be able to expect them to do it, too. I hope.
     



No comments: