Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Trusty Blue

  I’d like to say that the reason I’m busy is artwork, but alas, it is not. Since my colleague retired, I inherited his responsibilities. That, plus preparing a new class and the prospect of another semester online is making it hard to get to the studio. But, every little step is a step in the right direction. 
     This is a first layer of leaves, and it’s hard to see, but there is the beginning of a flower above her hands. There will be a lot more leaves, I think. But this was a first step to see if it would work. So I got out my trusty blue pastel pencil and outlined the shapes, and then filled them in with a light wash. I don’t want the contrast between the leaves and the moon get too big. Probably, having to go slow will keep me from getting it too wrong.
    I still don’t know what to do with her hair, poor thing. That’s something she and I have in common at the moment:)


     


No comments: