Monday, September 7, 2020

Three for a Key


    To be honest, this is looking like it is going to be a bit too pretty for my taste, even though the flower she is blowing away is henbane, and it is associated with mental illness. 
     For a little while I thought about adding mosquitoes to add to the misery, but, mosquitoes are too small, unless I decided to turn the image into a '50's horror flick. So, I opted for crows, which are very smart and communicative, and are the stars of their very own counting rhyme. 
    I'm glad I got this far before the semester really takes over my life. There is still a lot to do on it, but for better or for worse, the composition is mostly set, and I can work on it in bits when I have the time.
    I think for my next painting, even if I decide to do the toe dancer dream, the subject is going to be older. And not too pretty.

 

No comments: