Sunday, October 20, 2019

Changed my mind


You kinda knew it would happen, didn't you?
I've this little one on a shelf for a couple of months now, and I've never felt like it was really done. The landscape needed a little something. Last week, I was looking at a pair of older paintings, both sky pics like these, and way down on the ground in one of them were little buildings like these. I sketched some in and liked how they anchored the painting and brought some much needed balance. I'll probably fuss with it some more, but I think it is nearly complete. I've been borrowing from myself quite a bit lately. I like the partnership :)
    I'm still trying to solve the same sort of problem in the tornado painting. I keep trying solutions, but so far, none have really done it. The poor thing has suffered for my indecision, too. I hope I can settle on it, soon. At least I have the luxury of not being in a hurry. I never make good work when I rush.
    

No comments: