Thursday, March 5, 2020

First stencil effort


And...it ain't perfect. What else is new? I didn't marry the stencil down properly, so I've got a couple of smeary areas, and I think I need to mess with the Silhouette settings a bit more to smooth out the lines. But, we'll get there. I managed to find some stencil material with adhesive backing, and I made this one with black spray paint. So far, so good.
    It took so long to get everything working this far, that I finally had to admit today that it would be better if I had these printed professionally for the upcoming concerts next weekend. Otherwise, it would be a stressful mad dash from now until then. I'll still have to brave using Spray Mount to attach the prints to boards, but at least they will be clean and I will have minimal cutting to do.
   Maybe I'll actually get some time to paint this week!

Here is another one of my favorites, which references Billie Holiday's song Strange Fruit:
I'm so proud of these guys.


No comments: