Sunday, March 29, 2020

Leaving the Blue Behind


In this strange time, it's a comfort to shut everything out and work on solving the thousands of problems involved in making a painting.
    For the last few sessions, I've been heading toward lightening the skin tones while letting the shadows remain. So yesterday, I purposely left the blues off my palette, and I let a little bit of white sneak in. 
   I'm still not happy with the guy's face. He looks a little shifty to me(!). Not at all like the model, but the only picture I have of him is just his hands. Also, in an effort to start building up layers in the little girl's skin but also keep her delicate looking, I lost most of her darks. So, that will be the next job.
    The good news is, sometimes I think I see them move out of the corner of my eye. It means I'm on the right track :)
      I'm lucky I can lose myself with this little fam.



No comments: