Saturday, March 21, 2020

Teaching in the Time of Covid-19

   One would think that during isolation, there would be a lot of time to be alone with your thoughts. But, nope. For over a week, I've been racing to get three classes up and running online, plus keep the fourth one on track. Several of my students are struggling because they have difficulty accessing wifi from their homes, or because they have no idea how to participate in an online course. But mostly, they have been champs. So many of them have written to say they understand the complexity of the job right now. And they are making work that I am sorry I am missing seeing for real.
    So, besides grading my brains out, I've been busy redesigning the rest of the semester so that it is manageable for all of us. I'm about half-way there. I'm trying to go for the least complicated options. Which means I'm still probably over-doing it, because complicated is my middle name.
    Once this is under control, I'm hoping I can be alone with my thoughts again. Because that's when the painting happens. We'll get there.

No comments: