Saturday, April 4, 2020

Close ups

   Believe it or not, it took almost the entire day yesterday to get groceries. Apparently, curbside pickup is only a fantasy on the store's part as well as mine.
   But, I did get to go look at my painting at least, to see how the paint settled since the last time I painted, and fix a few things with my trusty orange pastel pencil, to mark the way for my next session.  
    Usually, my painting sessions end because I have the feeling that I might be going too far, and I stop because I don't want to cause myself more headaches than necessary. That was a lesson I learned the hard way. 
    So, most of the time when I stop, I'm not sure if I stopped soon enough or not. Maybe it just takes some time to be able to see the progress. Sometimes I think there is some magic happening as the paint dries, because I'm always a bit surprised to see how it looks after a day or so.
    This piece is probably a bit difficult to see when it isn't cropped, so I thought I'd post some detail shots. They are only a little fuzzy when you zoom in on them.
      Be well. Stay safe.






No comments: