Thursday, September 16, 2021

The 3D News


This was my second effort, and it worked out! The first one looked the same, with comparable quality, but it was printed with a raft, a base that the real piece is built upon. Unfortunately, the raft stuck like glue to the piece, where it remains. After reading some of the forums on the subject, I ran across a sassy guy who said he never used rafts but used brims instead, So, I changed the setting to brim, which is supposed to be just a border around the piece, and lo and behold, it worked, because with medium effort, I was able to release the part from the brim. Except the "brim" extended all the way under the part, exactly like the raft, but thinner. So, I dunno. But, I'm not complaining. Next, I'll try either a photo or a drawing. We'll see. 


 

No comments: