Thursday, September 16, 2021

News from the Teaching During Covid Front


I just finished my third week of teaching in two classrooms and online, all at the same time. A few days ago, I was so worn out from having to shout over the air cleaners through a mask, and from hiking between two classrooms, often just to ask if anyone had any questions, that I asked for some things to make it easier, namely a microphone, which was approved through Covid funding, and this little darling, which is changing my life for the better. It is a Kandao camera, which allows me to see and hear the students in the 2nd classroom. I still have to run down to check work and answer questions, but it is saving me a lot of trips. I am very grateful to the guy who I consider to be my personal  tech guy, Zach K. (he isn't; he helps everybody, but he always seems to be there when I need him) and to my department chair Scott C., for the same reason. Teaching is hard during a pandemic, but these guys are doing their best to help. I appreciate both of them.
    That's poor, armless  Roxy in the background. I'll print another of her fingers on Wednesday. I think she needs a new outfit and a new 'do. Maybe in Spandex and bleached blonde?

 

No comments: