Sunday, December 19, 2021

It's starting to be a habit


It could be because I spend so much time helping students develop formal skills, or maybe it is just a natural step in the progression of images for an artist, but this is another one that started out as a figurative design and ended up getting changed almost completely into something else.  Part of that was because it was so fun to play with the Tombows. I love how they feel on the paper, but, I will admit to ending up with a good old Ticonderoga, because of it's handy dandy eraser. I wish manufacturers would install erasers on art pencils. 
    Right now, just after turning in grades, it feels good to play with the lines and forms, making use of the rules I teach, but with total freedom instead of being restricted to reality. I wonder what this would look like with a color overlay? Maybe I should ink it and then give it a try.



 

No comments: