Friday, October 1, 2021

Yesterday's scans




Well, here are two examples of how my week went:
     I'm trying to get Roxy's fingers scanned and printed (amidst all the madness in the Creative Arts Center). The first image probably happened because the black drape over the scanner was letting light in, so the scanner accidentally thought the scanning bed was part of the object and went with that.
   On the second, my best guess is that the finger is symmetrical, and so the scanner was fine with meshing the first two scans, but it sensed the third as a different thing altogether and it couldn't mesh it  properly. Live and learn.
    I didn't take a photo of the mess the third effort made, but trust me, it was just as bad.
    On the fourth try, I got a decent image of the pinky finger. That time, I made sure the clay finger was in a totally different position on the bed for the second pass, so the scanner could tell the difference. I called it good after the 2nd. There didn't seem to be any reason to tempt fate.
    Will see how it does in the slicer :)

 

No comments: