Sunday, January 24, 2021

Colored Illustration Boards


These beauties came yesterday. I've been waiting to start that screw head drawing because I wanted to have that warm yellow underneath like in the houseboat drawing, but without the texture. It took a while, but I finally found some illustration board that is near to that yellow ochre color I'm after. This photo isn't quite correct, because the color is deeper and warmer than it appears here. If anyone is interested, it is called Bainbridge Hot Press Illustration Board and you can find it here:  https://www.dickblick.com/products/bainbridge-hot-press-illustration-board/

The pencils are colors I tried out from the big set and wanted to add to my own collection. They are Sky Blue Light (a miracle worker) and Black Cherry, Black Grape and Black Raspberry. Honestly, I bought the last three because they sounded so delicious. 

 

No comments: