Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Next One

   I've been searching through old sketchbooks lately, and came across this one from something I used to think about in my childhood. I have always liked my mornings to be slow, and when I was little, I thought it would be nice if I could unscrew my head and wash my face and comb my hair with my head in my lap instead of my arms in the air. I thought it would save so much time, and I'd have more time for daydreaming in the mornings if I could manage it.

Years later, I drew out this little image of how that would look. I think I didn't pursue it for a painting because I thought it looked pretty gruesome. Now, it just makes me laugh. And it will be just fine to use to practice colored pencils.

I also wonder if I've ever read a story about this, and that's how it made its way into my sketchbook. I've been searching, but so far I haven't found one that fits.  



 

No comments: