Friday, October 22, 2021

Life Anew

Life Anew by Robert Oetomo 

I first heard about Robert Oetomo through Adam Tan's video blog The Studio, where he shared Oetomo's stunning arrangement of Harold Arlen's Over the Rainbow, which makes me cry every time I hear it. Alas, I do not have access to a 5 octave marimba, so for now, I can't learn to play this beautiful thing.

Ever since, I've been looking out for a composition by Oetomo that could be played on a 4.3 marimba. This piece came out a little while ago, and my copy of the sheet music arrived yesterday in excellent condition, all the way from Edition Svizter, based in Denmark.

The composition is meant to describe the bushfires in Australia in 2019-20 and the renewal of the land that followed.

I'm looking forward to learning this beautiful piece. 

No comments: