Saturday, October 23, 2021

Today's Job


    My students are doing value lessons right now, and one of my guilty secrets is that this large composite drawing (Mrs.Swift Learns to Speak Boy) is on my mind, because I think  this piece falls short in that regard. 
    In the process of adding values to the panels and increasing contrast, I'm finding that a couple of the panels don't quite fit together properly. The original finished work was translated into etchings and there was a compositional mechanism that covered up all of the joining edges. I was busy being a full time teacher, grad student and mom at the time, so I welcomed the shortcut. But now that I want the drawings themselves to shine, I have to make sure all of the pieces fit. This is the first re-do of the project. It is turning out to be a bit of an engineering project to get it right.
    This is a link to the printed version: Mrs. Swift Learns to Speak Boy


 

No comments: