Thursday, October 21, 2021

PolyTerra Benchy


   After a false start yesterday, (I'm not sure what was wrong, but a model I downloaded did not print well), today's effort was a success. I used the test file for the mirror Benchy boats and printed one with regular white PLA and the other with grey PolyTerra PLA. The only difference between them that I can see is that the PolyTerra is not quite as shiny as the regular PLA. I think this is going to work. The next step is getting the composting system going.

     The plastic around the spools is the poor woman's solution to providing a controlled environment for the filament. It is hygroscopic, so they are in plastic (reusable) vacuum bags to keep the filament from absorbing water from the air when it it not in use. It takes a little time to hand pump out the air, but this system will do for now.
 

No comments: