Monday, October 25, 2021

Practice


   I'm practicing printing with PolyTerra and also loading and unloading filament. Maybe you recognize this mask from Squid Game. I can take no credit for it, because I simply downloaded the file from one of the many sites that offer files of every type. And our printer is so smart that its default settings have, so far, worked every time. 
    So today, in between seeing students one-on one for thumbnail day, I loaded up this file and the PolyTerra, hit start and went back to work. This is the result. This is about 1.5" long and is quite thin. One of the things I like about PolyTerra is that the supports are much easier to remove than regular PLA. I was in a hurry to leave after being at school all day, so I did a bit of a careless job removing them. In my short time of 3D printing, I've already had a fair number of struggles removing supports and bases. With PolyTerra, they almost unfold themselves off of the piece. It is kind of satisfying, really.
    I guess I'm going to have to come up with a more convenient system of keeping the filament dry. I was pumping air out of the storage bags at 6:30 tonight. I think that's a sign something has to change.
 

No comments: