Sunday, October 31, 2021

Paper Issue


This is the replacement panel for Mrs. Swift, in its proper place. The values don't match yet, and the paper is a better fit, but I still don't think it is going to work. 
    I am starting to remember why I settled for a piece of paper that was short on one side in the first place. It is because I was on my last bit of an old batch, and the new paper I had didn't match the color of the old.  That's what I'm running into here. I have two options to fix it, so far: one is to try to tint the paper with tea or watercolor, just slightly. This paper is very tough, so it just might stand up to it. The other is to go back to the wonky-sized panel and find a small piece on one edge and hope nobody notices. I've also considered coloring each square in a quilt pattern. But what I'd really like is to have a cohesive graphite drawing in the end. I guess we'll have to see.



 

No comments: